“We are the voice of all”
Our school council represents the views of all our pupils. It gives the children the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community. The children were chosen by a democratic vote by their class peers and are given the responsibility of taking the views of each class to our weekly meetings.
School council’s agenda for this academic year are:
- to recreate the environment job roles around the school,
- change the placement of the Buddy bus stop,
- create a gold place on the traffic light system for brilliant behaviour,
- years 5 and 6 (volunteers) are to read to year 1 and year 2 children in the library,
- food waste will now be put in a compost,
- left-over meals will be donated to the local church
- timetables will be created for assembly set up, shed monitors, lunch time support and hall monitors.
Our school council meets twice a term and discuss what we feel would improve the school for everyone. The prefects represent the views of all pupils, throughout the school and student are able to talk to them about their own ideas to ensure that student voice is heard. As well as prefects, in the meeting, our Head Boy (Jayden), Head Girl (myself, Wiktoria) and one of the teachers (Miss Coyne) are present.
Our members also do jobs throughout the school: such as acting as student receptionists, helping the dinner ladies at lunchtime and support the Peer and Sport Mediators on the playground.Wiktoria