“We are the voice of all”
Our school council represents the views of all our pupils. It gives the children the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community. The children were chosen by a democratic vote by their class peers and are given the responsibility of taking the views of each class to our weekly meetings.
Our school council meets twice a term and discuss what we feel would improve the school for everyone. The prefects represent the views of all pupils, throughout the school and student are able to talk to them about their own ideas to ensure that student voice is heard. As well as prefects, in the meeting, our Head Boy (Josh), Head Girl (myself, Charley) and one of the teachers (Miss Coyne) are present.
Our members also do jobs throughout the school: such as acting as student receptionists, helping the dinner ladies at lunchtime and support the Peer and Sport Mediators on the playground.Charley
Charley’s notes from meeting on 14-03-19
- New Play equipment: stilts, various skipping ropes, space hoppers and kites
- Patryk wants there to be more football at lunchtimes- could Mr. Muggeridge come more?
- Events and themed days to raise money for the school and for Charity: Pyjama Day; Toy Sale; Mrs. Ashdown to make Cards to sell; Cake Sale; Book Sale; Crazy Hat day and Y6 washing cars?
- Year 6 Sleepover?
- Race track around the field- for Sports Day etc
- Charley, Josh, Maisie and Patryk to run parachute games at lunchtimes
- Teachers who have left to come back to play with the children
- New suggestion box in the hall- Suggestions stolen and box broken
- Prefect Assemblies to the other children
- Picnic lunches outside when the weather is nice
- Parents to be at school all day on Sports Day?
- Could we sponsor other children to do Sports Day?