We are committed to nurturing children’s curiosity and creativity through an inspiring, broad and engaging curriculum. Everyday children are challenged and encouraged to be independent learner’s, to be resilient and aspirational, so that they all reach their full potential.
We provide opportunities for children to experience a sense of achievement through sport, music and creative arts. We aim to instil a passion for learning that will empower pupils to become successful and to make positive contributions to the local community and beyond.
We follow the statutory National Curriculum 2014, which provides pupils with an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens.
- Provide children with knowledge and skills to become confident individuals, independent learners and responsible citizens
- Prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- Provide real life experiences and contexts
- Celebrate the multi-cultural diversity
- Allow and encourage personalised learning
- Nurture the whole child
- Provide spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
Foundation Stage Curriculum – Nursery and Reception children
This comprises of seven areas of learning:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Throughout EYFS children are supported to learn through play, which encourages independent learning. Children are well prepared for their transition into Year 1.
Key Stage One – Year 1 to Year 2 / Key Stage Two – Year 3 to Year 6
Organisation of the Curriculum
We work to reflect, review and develop our curriculum to ensure that it best meets the needs of our children.
Our curriculum is Topic-based and includes the teaching of English. Each year group has a half termly topic that is designed to inspire learning. Year groups produce a Curriculum Map that shows the Topic ad areas of learning that will be covered. These are displayed in classrooms, sent home for Parents and on our Website. Topics include skills and knowledge from the following curriculum subjects:
- Design and Technology
Mathematics, Computing, Science, PSHE, PE, RE, and Modern Foreign Languages are taught discretely and are linked to the Topic when relevant.